Thursday, May 27, 2010

Passenger who was locked in empty plane sues airlines


A women from Michigan woke up on an airplane, only to find herself locked in the airplane. She filed a lawsuit Thursday against United Airlines and a partner airline. The 36 year old women spent about four hours in the plane until she was found by a cleaning crew. "Waking up on an empty airplane and not being able to get out was very horrifying. It's a very dramatic word, but it was a little much," said MiGuire, the women. The United Airlines and Trans States Airlines are investing the incident. McGuire is would like between $25,000 and $75,000 in the suit for her emotional distress and other factors. The Airlines are especially checking on the airline stewardess that was suppose to check the aircraft after landing, obviously the procedure wasn't followed.

I honestly couldn't even imagine waking up to find myself locked in an airplane. I would have probably panicked a little bit, but then found it actually pretty funny. I don't know if I would have been so upset to the point of filing a lawsuit. I think that the women wants the money for unnecessary reasons. I also don't understand why she would get stuck for four hours. I would think that she would have a cell phone to call somebody. Although I was shocked that the airline stewardess did not notice the women before everyone was done getting off the plane, mabey she just forgot to check. But as far as I am concered, it is the womens own fault. If kids are sleeping on a bus and they miss their spot, they dont get dropped off. She has no excuse, and she shouldn't file a lawsuit. She could have purposly hide herself so she could come up with a lawsuit like this.

Article Link

No comments:

Post a Comment