Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Autopsy: SeaWorld trainer died from drowning, traumatic injuries

After an autopsy, it was confirmed that a 12,000 pound killer whale drowned the trainer, Dawn Brancheau at Sea World in Orlando, Florida. The killer whale puller her underwater drowning her, she also suffered from injuries to her spine, ribs and head. Brancheau was working with whale, Tilikum, when he grabbed he by the ponytail and drug her under the water. It shocked the audience watching the show at the park's Shamu Stadium.

I think it is very sad what happened to the trainer. I don't understand why the whale would act like that. I've heard a few things about the whale pertaining to the drowning. Some sources have said that the whale has been in a bad mood, and was especially off that say. Other sources have said that the whale was thinking it was playing with the trainer. I never realized how risky a job like that would be. I find it just crazy how a trained whale would kill someone! I hope that the whale doesn't interact with any other trainers, and harm any of them. I know that the trainers at Sea World are ecpecially taking caution and paying closer attention to the whale's behavior. I went to Sea World about a week after this accident happened, and noticed that all the female trainers had their hair in a tight bun during the show. How wierd.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/03/31/florida.seaworld.autopsy/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+Top+Stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment