Monday, March 8, 2010

Rapper Lil' Wayne sentenced to one year

At Manhattan Supreme Court on Monday, rapper Lil' Wayne was sentenced to one year in prison. He was arrested for having a .40- caliber pistol on his tour bus. The charges stem from his arrest in 2007 outside New York City's Beacon Theater. Lil' Wayne's sentencing was delayed twice, once for dental work, and the other because of a fire at the Manhattan courthouse. Lil' Wayne, legal name Dwayne Carter, also faces felony charges for drug and weapon possessions in Arizona. His latest album, "Rebirth", was released last month.

I am a big fan of Lil' Wayne's music and I am really disappointed that he is going to prison for a year. I don't understand the meaning behind his actions. It is hard to believe that a sucessful artist like him would be going to prision for such stupid actions on his part. Despite his actions, I don't forsee Lil' Wayne losing many of his fans. I think that he let down some people, but I think that many people will still listen to his music, and will be looking forward to his release from prison in a year. I really hope that Lil' Wayne will learn from his mistakes because I would hate to see him in prision again. He has too much talent to be sitting in prison, and his fans love him and want him to keep producing new songs.


Lil Wayne


http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/08/lil.wayne.sentencing/index.html?eref=rss_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_topstories+(RSS%3A+Top+Stories)

No comments:

Post a Comment